As the condition is more prevalent in black women in the US and the UK, it has been suggested to be an explanation for the higher rate of preterm birth in these populations. It is opined that bacterial vaginosis before or during pregnancy may affect the decidual inflammatory response that leads to preterm birth. The condition known as aerobic vaginitis can be a serious risk factor for preterm labor; several previous studies failed to acknowledge the difference between aerobic vaginitis and bacterial vaginosis, which may explain some of the contradiction in the results. 
1. Miller DA, Chollet JA, Goodwin TM. Clinical risk factors for placenta previa-placenta accreta. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1997;177(1):210–214.
2. Placenta accreta. Committee Opinion No. 529. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol 2012;120:207–11. PMID: 22914422 http:///Resources_And_Publications/Committee_Opinions/Committee_on_Obstetric_Practice/Placenta_Accreta
3. Bowman ZS, et. al., Risk Factors for Placenta Accreta: A Large Prospective Cohort. Am J Perinatol. 2014 Oct;31(9):799-804. Epub 2013 Dec 12. PMID: 24338130
4. Clark SL, Koonings PP, Phelan JP. Placenta previa/accreta and prior cesarean section. Obstet Gynecol 1985 Jul;66(1):89-92
5 Ballas J, et . al., Identifying sonographic markers for placenta accreta in the first trimester. J Ultrasound Med. 2012 Nov;31(11):1835-41. PMID: 23091257
6 Hung TH, et. al., Risk factors for placenta accreta. Obstet Gynecol. 1999 Apr;93(4):545-50. PMID: 10214831
7. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists . Green-top Guideline No. 27. Placenta praevia, placenta praevia accreta and vasa praevia: diagnosis and management.
London. January 2011 https:///globalassets/documents/guidelines/.
8. Medically indicated late-preterm and early-term deliveries. Committee Opinion No. 560. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol 2013;121:908–10. PMID:23635709
9 Bowman ZS, et al., Risk factors for unscheduled delivery in patients with placenta J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Mar;210(3):-6. doi: /. Epub 2013 Oct 2. PMID: 24096181
10. Chantraine F, et. al., Individual decisions in placenta increta and percreta: a case Perinat Med. 2012 Jan 23;40(3):265-70. doi: /jpm-2011-:22505505
11. Fitzpatrick KE, et. al., The management and outcomes of placenta accreta, increta, and percreta in the UK: a population-based descriptive study. BJOG. 2014 Jan;121(1):62-70; discussion 70-1. PMID:23924326
12. Placenta accreta. Publications Committee, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Belfort MA. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Nov;203(5):430-9. PMID: 21055510
13. El-Messidi A, et. al. A multidisciplinary checklist for management of suspected placenta accreta. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2012 Apr;34(4):320-4. PMID: 22472330
14. Hull AD and Resnick R. Placenta Previa, Placenta Accreta, Abruptio Placenta, and Vasa Previa. In: Creasy RK, Resnik R, Iams JD, eds. Creasy and Resnik’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Principles and Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders/Elsevier; 2014:736
15. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Green–top Guideline : Antenatal corticosteroids to reduce neonatal morbidity and mortality. London: RCOG; 2010